Smothered Meatballs, Greens, & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
½ c. Minced White onion
1 Garlic Blub Roasted
3-4 Large Potatoes
7-8 Large Kale Leaf’s
4 c. Vegetable stock
2 - 4 Teaspoons of Liquid Aminos
2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
1 ½ c. Plant based Milk
2 Tablespoons of Plant-based butter
1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Flour
Adobo (low sodium), salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop top of garlic blub off, drizzle oil on top, fold garlic in foil, place in oven for 40-50 minutes. Check at the 40 minutes mark to make sure garlic doesn’t over roast.
1. Rinse, devein, and chop kale. Set aside.
2. Add ½ cup of minced onion, grapeseed oil, vinegar, Adobo, and seasonings to a large pot. Heat to medium heat.
3. Once onions begin to sweat, add kale, then vegetable stock (keep extra stock, as some of the broth will evaporate).
4. Cook on low to medium heat for 45-60 minutes. Check periodically as you may need to add more stock.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1. Begin heating a medium pot of water for potatoes.
2. Cook potatoes until tender, drain, set aside.
3. In the same pan add butter, 1 tablespoon of the roasted garlic (mash the garlic first, to create a paste), pinch of salt, pepper, pour half of the plant-based milk.
4. Heat the pot on low to help the base mixture get a good consistency base, blend with fork.
5. Add potatoes, mash and mix with the base.
6. As potatoes thicken, add the remainder of the milk.
7. *Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat sauté pan to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, ¼ cup of minced onion, salt pepper, and 3 cloves of the mashed roasted garlic. Mix.
2. Add Gardien Meatless Meatballs. Toss meatballs with onion mixture until all has been caramelized and brown.
3. Add flour, toss until completely covering meatballs.
4. Add 1 cup of milk, Aminos, stir, then reduce heat. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. *Seasonings to taste.
#motherlifestyle #blackgirlmagic #BGM #lifestyle #motherhood #entrepreneur #blogger #cookologist #mentoringyouth #healthylifestyle #jdesireerllc #communityservice #author #beholdgreenandgold #nsu #hbcugrad #hbcu #latinamom #speaker #latinaauthor #floridamentor #phdstudent #maritallife #mentorspecalist #flblogger #latinacooking #flmentor